STRYMON MAGNETO FOUR HEAD DTAPE ECHO & LOOPER EURORACK MODULE
TAPE DELAY, LOOPER, AND MORE.
Packed with powerful features while maintaining intuitive playability, Magneto is a stereo multi-head tape delay that also functions as a looper, phrase sampler, vintage spring reverb unit, phase-aligned clock multiplier, chaotic oscillator, zero latency sub-oscillator and more, with extensive CV I/O.
TRANSFORM YOUR MODULAR.
Turn simple monophonic signals into complex orchestrations. Create new oscillator tones using self-oscillation. Add rich stereo dimension to your sound, and enjoy the inherent warmth and sweet, subtle distortion characteristics of magnetic tape. Magneto transforms even the smallest rack into a fully expressive, immersive instrument.
To capture the full experience and complexity of a vintage tape echo machine, every last tape system attribute was relentlessly studied and faithfully recreated. From the sought-after natural saturation and soft clipping of magnetic tape when driven hard, to hands-on real-time controls for tape age, tape crinkle, and mechanical wow and flutter, Magneto delivers a rich multi-head delay experience that adds life and vibe to your sound.
PLAY IT LIKE AN INSTRUMENT.
Every function, control, gain stage, and signal path component in Magneto works together to respond musically and smoothly, even during the wildest live modular improvisations. All this is combined with a luxurious spring reverb to take the sound of your modular setup to a new level, and your sonic explorations into far-out territories.
WARM UP YOUR RACK.
Not only does Magneto deliver the warm, luscious delay signals that tape delays are known for, it is also capable of a high degree of saturation. Turn up the Record Level knob to send a hot signal to the record head for any amount of tape saturation you desire. Turn up the Tape Age control for warmer repeats. Add some truly beautiful Spring Reverb. Magneto adds organic heart and soul to the sound of your modular.
TONE AND MECHANICS CONTROL.
The effect of the Low Cut and Tape Age knobs are explored, followed by the mechanical ‘deterioration’ of the machine with the Crinkle and Wow and Flutter controls. The Speed knob is put to use for sonic enhancement.
- Tape-voiced delay machine with four playback heads and one record head
- Processor-intense dTape algorithm delivers meticulously nuanced recreations of vintage tape echo systems
- Three operational modes: Echo, Sound On Sound Looper, Phrase Sampler
- Varispeed algorithm with dynamic machine mechanics, 8:1 speed range
- Input record level for clean reproduction to warm, fat saturation
- Self-oscillating for tone generation
- Independent Spring Reverb
Ins, Outs, and Switches
- Stereo Input (requires TRS adapter cable)
- Stereo Output
- Operates at instrument and Line Level input sources
- Discrete transistor headphone amplifier
- Expression pedal input provides seamless morphing between knob positions (Expression mode), or smooth pre/post volume control with logarithmic taper (Volume mode)
- USB jack for connecting to Strymon Impulse Manager software
- to add and edit your own speaker cabinet IRs
- Compatible with Strymon MultiSwitch Plus for remote selection of up to 4 presets
- Full featured MIDI control accessible via EXP Jack for remote parameter control and access to 300 preset locations (requires Strymon MIDI EXP cable or MIDI to TRS interface)
- Ultra-low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A
- converters provide uncompromising audio quality
- Super high performance SHARC and ARM co-processors
- 32-bit floating point processing
- Transparent Analog Buffered Bypass
- Strong and lightweight anodized black aluminum chassis
- 9V DC power supply included
- Power requirements: maximum 9 volts DC center-negative, with a minimum of 500mA of current
- 4.5″ deep x 4″ wide x 1.75″ tall
- 11.4 cm deep x 10.2 cm wide x 4.4 cm tall
- Designed and built in the USA